Saturday, March 10

chez banjo

every loaf I make is better than the last.



Every loaf of bread I make is better than the last, no matter how they come out, it seems! There's something about homemade bread that is timeless, nourishing in the deepest way, and so, so simple.  I feel like I post about bread often, but it is so much fun, so delicious and easy. It has a great feel in my hands, heavy like handknits ~ and the baking scent is heaven. One of the home tasks I don't mind doing over and over. Tonight I plan on making mozzarella, tomato, and pesto sandwiches out of this. Pure summertime. Food. It's so good.


Aaaaaaand...big news. I've been sitting on this one for a little bit, waiting to see if it would pan out. It seems it will ~ we've found our house! Right after this post, just a week ago, we found our place. The very first place we looked at after the other house fell completely and rottenly through. We looked at a few other places afterwards just for good measure but all they did was show Chez Banjo (thanks for the name, maya!) in a brighter light. Right now we're in the throes of paperwork, but things look good and the path is clear. It'll be ours next month! I cannot wait to get in there and settle down and feather my nest.


(I feel a little wary to be so happy.)


My favorite things about the land are the huge, smooth, lichen-covered boulders which burst from the earth like whales.


The trees which lead back farther than the eye can discern.


The lake trails 3 miles away.


More soon on this house.

xo brooke




*

11 comments:

Brit said...

very happy for you!!! :) can't wait to see some of this magical place!

Anita said...

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you! Happy Weekend to you!

Fiona said...

would a small 'yippee!' be permitted? (I don't want to jinx it.)

p.s. blog about bread as much as you like, the pictures are so soothing on the eyes.

p.p.s I owe you an email. soon.

Keia said...

congratulations! It is so wonderful to hear of your new nest. It sounds like an absolute explorer's dream.

Jill Wignall said...

that is wonderful news Brooke! So happy for you. It sounds magical.

Anonymous said...

I think we all agree that you can be full-on happy, Brooke! Be happy for two! Congratulations! So great! Boulders like whales... how perfect for you!
<3
Love,
maya

Mama Smith said...

So exciting! It sounds like a dream. Congratulations and looking forward to pictures of your new spot. Your bread also looks delicious. I've been lazy about making bread lately but I'm going to dive back in.

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Yay!!! Chez Banjo sounds wonderful and perfect - can't wait to see photos. And I really have to try my hand at making some bread!

xo
cortnie

ALFIE said...

perfection! a clear path is the first sign that you're headed in the right direction! the land sounds heavenly!

and your bread looks delish!

Laney Butler said...

That sounds perfect! I hope to be in the country someday so I can have some chickens and a huge butterfly garden. Fingers crossed for you :)

helen said...

I'm so glad you found your new place after the bleh of the last one. It sounds delightful.

For many years I used to bake bread for us and my parents twice a week. I miss having a Rayburn...it is just so perfect for bread~making.

Your loaf looks delicious...and I can just smell that unique fragrance too :~)))